"Paint the Pond" Turns Into "Sketch the Thinker"

I was going to draw the "Paint the Pond" assignment as was everyone else, but Mr. Gaudreau deemed it best I drew the Thinker instead.

Sketch the Thinker

In this piece, I tried to show texture by using dramatic lightning and lines. To do this, in places where I saw lots of texture, I used cross hatching and where I saw smoothness, made the lines go in the same direction. The most difficult challenge was getting though the sketch even in days in which I was not motivated to sketch. To overcome this, I kept looking ahead and instead thought of how good my sketch would look if I gave it my all. But, that wasn't enough. In the sketch, it is very easy to see my progress each day because of the difference in technique. It didn't turn out so badly, though.
My sketch really worked when I was sketching the left arm. In it, The arm was noticed to be smooth while the hand showed lots of texture. From Mr. Gaudreau, I learned that a dull pencil made for a dull sketch, therefore I always kept a pencil sharpener at hand. If I had a do over, I would not have sketched so forcefully under the hair, making unflattering marks.

Comments

  1. As i recall you were not having fun with the tree and i SUGGESTED you do the thinker:) your pencil work is much clearer with good lights and darks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Peggi Kroll and Artist's Statement

Artist Menu Artist Statement